Best Bread Machine Recipes For Home Baking
There’s nothing better than walking through your front door to the welcoming aroma of freshly baked bread. Many people feel intimidated at the thought of baking their own bread at home. However, equipped with the right recipe and the best bread maker, this can be an easy accomplishment.
To make things a little easier, we have chosen a few of the best bread machine recipes that you can try at home. They have been carefully selected to work with your appliance and are sure to turn out perfectly each time! All you need to do is plug your machine in, press a button, and get baking!
From classic loaves to unique flavor combinations, there is so much more you can produce at home using your bread maker machine.
4 Best Bread Machine Recipes To Try At Home
Country White Bread Recipe
While there are all kinds of bread maker recipes out there, you should always have a good basic white bread recipe on hand. This country white loaf is great for beginners and first-timers, as it is quick and simple to make.
The loaf is absolutely beautiful – with a slightly chewy texture. You can enjoy it toasted for breakfast, use it for sandwiches, or eat it fresh out of the machine with some butter. It is a very child-friendly recipe and is the perfect bread to just quickly knock up at a moments notice.
As it utilizes the rapid or quick setting of the bread machine – it is an incredibly convenient loaf. Provided your appliance has this setting (which it should), then this loaf can be made with any brand or model.
For anyone wanting to explore the best bread machine recipes, this simply delicious loaf would be a great place to start. It only takes 2 hours to bake and will yield a loaf of 8 servings.
- 1 1/2 cups water, lukewarm
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup bread flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1/2 teaspoons bread machine yeast (rapid or instant)
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Add all of the ingredients into your bread machine pan. This should be done in the order that comes recommended by your specific brand of machine – check your manual to find this information.
- Select the rapid or quick setting
- Select a medium crust
- Push start
- Turn the cooked loaf out onto a rack to cool when it’s ready
Classic Whole Wheat Bread Recipe
If you are looking for Sunbeam bread machine recipes in particular, then this classic loaf comes highly recommended. It only requires a few basic ingredients and minimal effort to make a perfect, everyday bread for a healthy home.
This wholesome brown bread is delicious for sandwiches, toast, or serving alongside meals. The recipe has been specially developed to be made using a Sunbeam Programmable Bread Maker, although it can be created in other similar products too.
The results are a soft and spongy loaf of bread with a slightly nutty flavor. If you are trying to step away from white bread, then this tasty whole wheat 2-pound loaf will have you hooked! Whole wheat bread machine recipes don’t get much better than this.
- 1 2/3 cups hot water
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter, softened
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 2/3 cups whole wheat flour
- 3 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- Attach the kneading blade to your bread pan
- Put the water, butter, sugar, salt, and flour into your bread pan – in this specific order
- Make a dent in the flour using your finger. Add the yeast into this dent, without letting it come into contact with the wet ingredients
- Place the bread pan into the machine and close the lid
- Select the “whole wheat” setting
- Choose your desired crust
- Choose the 2-pound loaf option
- Push start
- Once the cycle is complete, push stop
- Turn the cooked loaf out onto a rack to cool
Oatmeal Buttermilk Bread Recipe
This one is taken from the Hamilton Beach bread machine recipes collection and is a loaf that you just have to try.
One of the great advantages of using a bread maker is that you get to experiment with different flavor combinations and styles. This oatmeal buttermilk loaf is one of the best for those that want to produce an artisanal product at the push of a button.
The end loaf is wholesome, rich, and flavorful. Starting your day off with a warm slice of oatmeal buttermilk bread will definitely have you making it again. Although the bread is simple enough for the whole family to enjoy, it offers a unique take on texture and taste compared to your regular shop-bought product.
The recipe produces a 2-pound loaf and is best achieved using a Hamilton Beach 2lb Digital Bread Maker. However, as this loaf cooks on a basic bread cycle, you can create it in basically any bread maker appliance.
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup butter or vegetable oil
- 1 cup regular oats (old fashioned oats)
- 2 3/4 cups bread flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- Place all of the ingredients into the bread pan. Do this in the order that they are listed above.
- Choose the basic bread cycle setting
- Select a 2-pound loaf size
- Select a medium crust
- Press start
- Turn the cooked loaf out onto a rack to cool when the baking is complete
Holiday Sweet Potato Bread Recipe
Bread maker recipes allow you to create fairly complex creations with absolute ease. Recipes like this one for sweet potato bread will always impress your visitors. This loaf of bread includes some unique flavor additions, and it provides a real home-made feeling too. Plus, the aroma that you get from pulling a loaf of sweet potato bread out of your machine can hardly be beaten.
Sweet potato bread is ideal for thanksgiving dinner and festive meal plans. However, it is equally wonderful to enjoy with your morning coffee. The recipe uses the basic bread setting, so it can be made in just about any machine.
If you are after the best bread machine recipes for holiday meals and impressing guests, then this is one to try.
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons warm milk (70° to 80°)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped canned sweet potatoes, drained
- 1/3 cup miniature marshmallows
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Place all of the ingredients in the bread pan. If your brand or machine comes with a recommended order of ingredients (this should be found on the provided instructions), then place the ingredients in this order
- Select the basic bread setting
- Choose your preferred crust color
- Press start
- Turn the cooked loaf out onto a rack to cool once finished
Other Baked Goods
These top kitchen appliances aren’t just limited to making loaves of bread – you can also make some fantastic sweet treats in them too!
Some recipes for bread maker appliances include things like scones, pizza dough, and sponge cakes. If you want to experiment with your baking, then it is a great appliance to own.
The best bread machine recipes are quick, easy, and impressive. Using your appliances you can create all kinds of fantastic treats with absolutely no mixing, kneading, or waiting around required. Simply follow the instructions to produce the perfect results every time.
Whether you are after healthy bread machine recipes or want to experiment with new flavors, we have you covered.
For more recipe ideas you can try at home using your kitchen appliances, check out our ideas here! Have any suggestions for recipes that you would like to see? Let us know in the comments below.