Hamilton Beach 10-Cup Food Processor with Bowl Scraper Review
Maybe you love making your own dips, sauces, and spreads from scratch. Maybe you’re vegetarian, and like to prepare homemade meat substitute from mushrooms, lentils, chickpeas, or any other tasty, protein-rich plant out there.
Maybe you even love to bake and would like a device that grinds up nuts, oats, berries, and even chocolates and biscuits. Or maybe you just want to eat healthier, and would like to know what goes into every meal.
Whatever type of cook you are, a food processor is a great kitchen tool that aids in a lot of the stages of food prep. And there sure is a lot—chopping, blending, slicing and dicing, and even mixing and whisking. Those are a few of the things food processors are really good at. And that’s great, because they’re also really tedious to do, especially in large batches.
So let’s say you’re onboard the food processor train—how do you go about selecting one that’s good for you? There are a few things to consider, and this quick rundown of some of the key features of a food processor will also help us evaluate today’s machine up for review: The Hamilton Beach 10-Cup Food Processor, with Bowl Scraper.
As is common in judging all sorts of things—from contests to pageants to simple products for review, you always have to narrow down a few choice criteria. The first thing you’ll want to consider is size. How big does your food processor need to be?
Obviously, for those who live solo or belong to small families, smaller machines are ideal. They save space and eat up less electricity. If you’re going to cook for a lot of people, it’s ideal to get anywhere between 10 to 20 cup size bowls.
Efficiency is another factor to consider. Is your food processor designed to make your life easier, or do its newfangled features add more to its look than to its overall usability? Lastly, figure out what sort of attachments you’ll be needing. Some food processors are simple and come with the basic attachments for slicing, chopping, and shredding. Meanwhile, other, more complicated machines are also built with bakers in mind, and come with mixing and whisking attachments or options.
Now that we have the criteria sorted out, let’s take a closer look at the Hamilton Beach 10-Cup Food Processor with Bowl Scraper.
Features of the Hamilton Beach 10-Cup Food Processor
- As its name suggests, the key feature of this food processor is its built-in Bowl Scraper, which takes away the frustrating and time-consuming task of having to scrape the sides of your bowl. Having to scrape down food that’s stuck in odd places is an inevitable side-effect of having your food whirl through blades at top-speed. At least this device can give you a helping hand.
- This food processor comes with labeled and reversible attachments for the spinning disc. This makes it easier to identify which disc works for which kind of food or cut you’re going for.
- The device comes with a variety of blades to choose from: a Chopping/Mixing blade a Slicing Blade, and a Shredding disc. These three all serve different purposes.
- This comes with a bowl capable of holding 10 cups of food. It’s just the right size for anyone who wants to cook a little for themselves or enough for a small gathering.
- This food processor comes with a powerful 450-watt motor, capable of running two speeds—high and low—and pulse control as well.
- This device’s bowl, blade, and lid are all safe for dishwashing.
This particular food processor is a magic bullet that hits all three of our points to consider when buying a food processor:
- In terms of size, this machine has a 10-cup capacity bowl, meaning it’s big enough to serve large groups for family dinners, intimate parties, or even making your potluck contribution to the neighborhood block party, but it is still small enough to fit well among your other countertop appliances . It’s also got a neat, compact design, which is great for people sizing down and living tiny—as is the trend these days.
- When it comes to efficiency, the built-in food scraper hits the spot. No more start-and-stop just to dislodge all that buildup. That means time saved for you.
- Finally, in terms of attachments, this food processor scores pretty decently. It’s got a diverse enough range of blades for different needs, plus its whole make allows for a more efficient processing experience. The large feed chute allows for prepping not just more, but bigger chunks of fruits and veggies. In fact, you can even throw in whole foods and still have it work effectively.
There aren’t a lot of cons on this one because it’s quite a versatile and efficient appliance.
- This particular model doesn’t come with the baking attachments, so it’s not quite as versatile as you’d like it to be, especially if you love to play baker.
- It is a tad too big for cooks who live alone, or if you’re just whipping up a bit of sauce or dressing for personal use.
Food processors help solve a range of kitchen problems, from the tedious task of preparing way too many veggies by way of cutting, chopping, slicing, and mixing, to the quick and easy preparation of sauces, dips, and dressings. The Hamilton Beach 10-Cup Food Processor with Bowl Scraper stands out because it addresses all of that, and then some.
It’s large enough for prepping for big groups, but comes in a compact size that makes it easy to store. It’s got a ton of attachments, settings, and other features that allow you to chop up different fruits, vegetables, nuts, and even chocolates and candies, in all sorts of shapes and sizes. And it’s definitely practical and efficient for having that built-in scraper. Once you have a go at it, the built-in bowl scraper is really a neat little feature you’d never want to cook without again.
The Hamilton Beach 10-Cup Food Processor with Bowl measured up to be a pretty handy and practical device, capable of beating out a lot of other food processors out there.
Consider this device for all of your food preparation needs, whether it’s for yourself, your family, or your friends, and you might never want to manually chop your fruits and vegetables ever again.
See Also: The Omega Nutrition Center Juicer