There are few things better than savoring a cup of your favorite brewed coffee first thing in the morning. Thanks to the Krups coffee grinder range, you don’t need to leave the house to indulge in your most cherished rituals.
The grinders allow you to extract the coffee from the beans, expanding your versatility in tastes while ensuring the freshness and full flavor of your cup of java. Some grinders even work with grinding other ingredients like herbs and spices – making them a great addition to your kitchen.
As a side essential to a coffee maker, a favorite on our list of kitchen appliances that can ease your life, a Krups coffee grinder is a must-have.
When it comes to grinders, Krups is a well-established and trustworthy brand. To make sure that you only get the best, we’ve reviewed 3 of the top appliances in the Krups range below for top-quality ground coffee.
3 Krups Coffee Grinder Reviews
|KRUPS F203 Electric Spice and Coffee Grinder||Prime||Buy Now On Amazon|
|KRUPS GVX212 Coffee Grinder, 1, Black and Metal||Prime||Buy Now On Amazon|
|KRUPS GX420851, Coffee Grinder with Scale, 39 grind settings, large 14 oz capacity, intuitive interface, Black||Prime||Buy Now On Amazon|
Krups F203 Electric Spice and Coffee Grinder
The Krups Stainless Steel Electric Coffee and Spice Grinder F203 is a handy appliance to have in any kitchen. This grinder has an oval design and is small and powerful. Unlike the burr grinders, the model operates a simpler blade mechanism. This mechanism comprises a high-speed stainless steel blade used to chop and mix the ingredients to produce a grind with an ideal fine and even texture in a matter of seconds.
While some machines may be complicated, the Electric Coffee and Spice Grinder is simple and easy to use. It showcases a single button for operation. Its other top features include a functional lid for safeguarding users’ fingers from the blades and to keep the contents within the grinding chamber.
The refinery of the blade is adjustable. This allows you to grind the beans as finely or coarsely as desired – an essential for any serious coffee-maker.
The product is multi-functional. So, in addition to grinding beans, the blade is also suited to chopping up nuts, seeds, herbs, and spices for culinary purposes (although within limitations).
If you are looking to grind large amounts of various ingredients other than those mentioned above, you might be better suited to a food processor for foodstuff.
Able to hold up to 3 oz of ground, this Krups model is functional as well as compact – which means well for efficient use of counter-top space.
- The 2017 model comprises of an oval design and steel blade mechanism that produces a consistent ground
- An adjustable ground selector allowing users to specify the coarseness or fineness of the ground
- A 200 Watt Motor which provides a steady and quick grind
- A well-priced and sized machine. Perfect for single-cup coffee makers (see the Top Single Serve Coffee Brewers)
- The blades are able to grind coffee beans as well as herbs and spices, grains, nuts, etc.
- The stainless steel blades ensure a fine grind
- The capacity of the model is limited to 3 oz of ground. This may not be sufficient or convenient for users with a higher caffeinie demand
- The stainless steel blades, unlike the burr grinders, do not prevent the beans from burning and losing their aroma. As a result, the appliance might have to be carefully monitored to prevent this.
Krups GVX212 Stainless Steel Burr Coffee Grinder
The stainless steel body of this GVX212 Burr Grinder embodies both quality and elegance. Marked as one of the bestselling models, the product has well-developed functionality.
Burr grinders possess a mechanical burr mill mechanism consisting of two abrasive surfaces. These are known as burrs and are an extremely effective and fast method of grinding. The beans are crushed between a moving burr and a non-moving surface driven by a powerful electric motor.
The Burr mill mechanism avoids overheating and burning the beans while preserving their aroma and providing a grind size (coarse to fine) selector with up to 17 levels. A quantity selector grinds the perfect amount of beans, operated by an automatic power-off, to cater to your demands and prevent waste or poor quality coffee.
If you happen to not make use of your Krups grinder for a while, the air-tight bean hopper makes sure that your whole beans are kept fresh, with a storage capacity of up to 8 Oz. As with all products, design safety is imperative and is provisioned through a sensory lid. This lid must be properly secured for the model to operate.
Slightly less sophisticated than the upcoming Conical Burr unit, this model offers a similar level of functionality at a lower price.
- 8 Oz air-tight bean hopper and 8 Oz grinder
- Adjustable grind selector with 17 levels
- Quantity selector to grind the desired quantity of beans
- Easy to clean with removable bars and included brush
- The Burr mechanism prevents the burning and preserves the aroma of the beans
- The flat burr grinder produces more heat than the conical burr unit which may expose the beans to the risk of being spoiled.
Krups GX420851 Conical Burr Coffee Grinder
With a similar grinding mechanism to the Stainless Steel Burr Grinder, the Conical Burr GX420851 has also been rated among the bestsellers in Krups coffee grinders on the market.
The difference between the two grinding mechanisms lies in the “conical”. The conical shape of the unit differs from that of the flat plate burr grinder by having two cone-shaped burrs with ridges that crush the beans. They serve the same functionality in preserving the flavor and preventing the beans from burning, but the conical burr produces less noise and heat and a much more consistent grind.
The shape of the machine’s grinder coupled with the extensive range of 39 grind settings from coarse to fine, allows the appliance to form the perfect ground suitable to make a specialized coffee.
The model is designed for ease of use and displays an interface housing several functions. These can be commanded at just the touch of a button. The Auto Dose feature automatically produces the grinds to prepare the “Golden Ratio” for a perfect cup of coffee by selecting the desired number of cups.
The grinder can hold a large capacity of beans with a 14oz/400g hopper capacity, enough for an entire bag. Furthering its design for ease and convenience, the hopper can be removed for the cleaning or transferring coffee beans.
Once the hopper is removed from the machine body, the doors of the hopper automatically close and provide a storage container sealing in the flavor and freshness of the beans until the machine’s next use.
- Simple intuitive interface with an auto-dose grinder and integrated scale to grind the perfect amount of beans for your desired number cups of coffee
- Large grinding capacity with a bean hopper size of 14oz/400g
- A wide range of grind settings with 39 levels from coarse to fine
- Removable hopper to aid with bean transfer and cleaning
- Hopper Auto shut doors allow the beans to be automatically tightly sealed in the hopper when it is removed from the machine, preserving the freshness of the beans.
- This grinder is quite large which means that it lacks space-efficiency and may occupy a significant portion of your kitchen counter-top.
What To Look For In A Grinder
In summary, some of the top features to look out for in a Krups coffee grinder include the speed, cost, and power of the motor. Some things are more of personal preference, such as the capacity of the unit, depending on how much coffee you would like to produce, and blade type.
For the recreational cup of joe for an individual, stainless steel blades ensure a good quality grind. But, when it comes to regularly preparing coffee for more than one person, the burr grinder mechanism is the way to go.
Other add-on features, such as the grind-size and amount selection, are typically necessary when making specific types of coffee where the degree of creme needs monitoring and adjusting. While a handy and sometimes essential addition for any serious coffee enthusiast, these features usually come at a price hike.
Krups Coffee Grinder Maintenance
Whatever machine you decide to go for, some tips for ensuring the longevity of your grinder include the following:
- Once you are done using the machine, make sure to turn it off and unplug it to prevent any electric power surges from frying the electrics.
- Regularly clean the burrs and blade of any grinds, dust, or oils, especially after use to prevent any flavoring stain from the beans
- After cleaning make sure that the components are completely dry before reassembling the machine to prevent corrosion of the burrs or motor.
- Pay careful attention to the warranty of any purchase and be sure to check the machine for any manufacturing defects prior to use.
Grinders are paramount when it comes to preparing ground coffee that you are passionate about. With varying degrees of functionality as well as price, they really are a product that is accessible to any consumer. While this is definitely a perk, it is essential to make sure that any interested customer checks the specifications of a product to make sure the machine covers all the basics to satisfy all your coffee needs.
The Krups products reviewed in the article cover all the basics – and have the stamp of approval from us! The rest of the features really are a matter of your own personal taste and preference. So, if you’re looking for a new coffee grinder, Krups may have the perfect unit for you.